Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A place for everything and everything in it's place... and that place just happens to be the floor.

I confess I am a hot mess of a mom. Oh sure I try to be perfect; I read the baby blogs, research all the gear, and buy only the most "educational" toys. Hell I had to have the crib with changing table and draws built in so I could be "super efficient and organized" but alas that is not the case and the crib has become another mass storage receptacle until fusspot grows out of the basinet. But then I have always lived my life in a sort of "organized chaos" where I know where everything is but it looks like a bomb went off.
But I had dreams! Wonderful dreams that I would have my baby and magically become an organized domestic goddess. That when I came home from the hospital my house would be spotless and everything would be as wonderful as it was in the hospital. That I would have wonderful dinner parties and my house would be something out of better homes and gardens. But that is what being delusional is called my friends and apparently the house cleaning fairy skipped my house this year.
So my house is a mess, it will most-likely always be a mess, and I am coming to terms with that. Oh sure there are the select few who come over and I do the 20min shuffle (i.e. shuffle everything around so your house looks cleanish till it blows up again when they go home) but even they get the disclaimer.
But you know what... That's ok. It's a mess but it's not dirty. I might have toys everywhere, dishes in the drying rack instead of the cabinet, and the clothing will most likely never make it out of the hamper into the draws; but I can find stuff (unless someone comes and moves something into it's "proper place" where in it will never be seen again)
My babies outfits might not always be worn in the proper combination they came in, and my six year old might not always match because I let him pick out his own clothing (or worse I have his father do it lol) but I got a lot of other stuff going on.
I'm trying hard to be "perfect" but as a mommy/ wife / in house full time designer I can't do everything. So if everything is everywhere so be it. As long as my family is happy and fed I am ok with that. My baby will not be a baby forever, the mess isn't going anywhere, and if someone doesn't like it they can clean it themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment